- Product Description
- Helps to prevent unsightly white staining on fixed lead work
- Ideal for use on Lead roofing, flashings and cladding
- Recommended by the Lead Sheet Association
Patination Oil For Lead 125ml / 0.5 litre / 1 litre / 2.5 litre
Patination Oil is recommended by the Lead Sheet Association for use on new, and recently cleaned older lead and is designed to aid in the prevention of unsightly white staining on fixed lead work.
- A mixture of White Spirit, Japtha, Soya Alkyd Resin, silica and metallic soaps
- One coat should resist the formation of carbonate runoff, although where foot traffic may occur, it is recommended that Patination Oil is reapplied.
- Shake the container vigorously for 2 minutes before use
- Apply one coat only to the lead surface with a soft, clean cloth
- Work across the lead surface, applying the Patination Oil from top to bottom of the installation, in straight, vertical lines
- Do not apply in a circular motion as this will leave an uneven appearance
- Remember to apply oil to the underside of leading edges of leadwork and to cover lead clips and fixings
- Leave for a least one hour to dry
- Close the container tightly on completion of work