Career Opportunities at About Roofing Supplies
About Roofing Supplies are industry leaders in the supply of roofing and building materials to both the trade and public, throughout the country:
Why not join us and be part of our success story?
As a result of our ongoing expansion program, we have the following career opportunities available:
Trade Counter & Branch Sales Person Full Time - About Roofing Supplies East Grinstead, RH19 branch
About Roofing Supplies are a family owned, independent roofing and building materials supplier in the South East.
We opened the doors at our Esher branch for the first time in February 1999, and over 20 years later we have nearly 50 staff members, at 4 branches with a fleet of 10 delivery vehicles.
We pride ourselves on our customer service, experienced staff and large stocks, providing a personal, "small company" approach with the professionalism and service that one expects of a large company.
Due to internal promotion, we have an exciting opportunity based at our East Grinstead, West Sussex, RH19 branch for an experienced Trade Counter & Branch Sales Person to join our team.
We are looking for someone who is looking for more than just a job! The ideal candidate will be outgoing, with enthusiasm for customer care and service, to fit in with our friendly family atmosphere.
This is a great position with plenty of scope to develop as an individual. We promote from within wherever possible, and this role has potential for the right individual to progress within our organisation - all of our Branch Managers have worked in a similar role in their careers!
Your duties will include:
- Ensuring that our customers are served quickly, efficiently and in a friendly manner.
- Ensuring that the telephones are answered promptly, and orders are taken accurately and priced correctly.
- Learning all aspects of the Trade Counter & Sales Office function.
- Developing excellent product knowledge - and to communicate that to our customers.
- Developing excellent working relationships with our customers and colleagues in other branches.
- Helping to maintain stock levels and merchandising within the branch. Some warehouse duties including assisting customers with loading.
- Supporting the Branch Manager to develop sales and friendly working relationships with our customers
- Processing orders for collection from the branch and delivery to site
- Ordering materials directly from manufacturers / suppliers.
- Ensuring a tidy working environment at all times in line with health and safety guidelines.
You will need:
- A positive attitude and to enjoy talking to people!
- Experience in a similar roofing, building, plumbing or electrical merchant environment is essential as this is a key, front line role.
- Strong maths and computer skills (such as experience in using Outlook). Y
- our own transport to get to / from work.
- Be highly motivated and keen to succeed and progress within the business.
- Have an excellent attendance record in previous roles, and to be reliable.
- Be educated to a good standard at GCSE level, with a good standard of spoken and written English.
- Possess common sense and a strong work ethic: self motivation is essential!
- Have the ability to communicate with customers and colleagues at all levels.
- Be well-organised, methodical and calm under pressure.
- Be flexible to meet the needs of the business.
- Full product training
- Training on our Sage 200 system
- Competitive rates of pay, and genuine opportunities for progression
- Free on-site parking
- Uniform and PPE provided
- 28 days paid holiday a year (including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Staff discount
- Training in health and safety, forklift operation, manufacturers' product courses and much more…
- According to age and experience
Be sure to have a look at our company video, and see what makes About Roofing Supplies a great place to work
We are here from 7.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday and 8.00am - 12pm on Saturdays (Saturdays are worked flexible on a 1 in 2 rota)
To apply please email your cv in the strictest confidence to our Sales Director: Garrett Courtney