- Product Description
- Designed for leadmasonry and leadbrick pointed work
- Avoids problems of cracking and lack of adhesion associated with mortar joints
- Gives a permanent, flexible and waterproof joint
- Neutral cure product; an acid cure will give rise to white stains on the lead
- Grey colour complements the natural grey colour of lead
Flashpoint Grey Lead Sealant 330ml Cartridge
Flashpoint Lead Sealant is an easy to use, neutral cure, all weather alternative to sand and cement mortar.
Recommended by the Lead Sheet Association, Flashpoint Lead Sealant provides a preferred alternative to the use of mortar as a pointing material for leadbrick and leadmasonry joints.Mortar is unable to expand and contract with lead and masonry during temperature variations, leading in some cases to the mortar cracking and allowing ingress of water.
Flashpoint Lead Sealant is a one part, neutral cure, silicone based sealant that once applied will cure to give a flexible, durable and elastic seal, capable of accommodating the high degree of thermal expansion and contraction often encountered with lead flashings exposed to direct sunlight.
Because of its water content, mortar cannot be applied in cold, frosty conditions - however, Flashpoint Lead Sealant with its large service temperature range can be used at temperatures down to 65 degrees c.
- Base Composition: Silicone rubber
- Maximum movement capability: + / 25 degrees c
- Appearance: Ductile Paste
- Colour: Grey
- Coverage: A 310ml tube, extruded into a 6mm x 12mm joint, will point approx. 5 linear metres
- Tack free time: 30 minutes dependent on temperature
- Cure period: 3mm depth: 13 days
- Service temperature range: 65 degrees C to +165 degrees C
- Shelf life: One year
- The minimum depth of the sealant injection is 10mm, but in the majority of situations the mortar in a joint should be removed to a depth of 25mm
- Ensure all mortar is removed from the masonry and lead faces to be sealed by Flashpoint Lead Sealant
- Ensure that joint is completely dry and free of dust before applying sealant
- Cut the plastic nozzle to an internal diameter suitable to the height of the joint and such that it allows sealant to fill its full depth
- In order to obtain a professional finish, smooth the face of the Flashpointed joint with a dampened pointing iron before the sealant has skinned over
- Note: Flashpoint Lead Sealant is not an adhesive and is not recommended for joining lead to lead