Wakaflex Uni Outlet For Pitched Roofs
( £34.74 Incl. VAT)
Buy 2 for
( £33.54 ) each and save 3%
Buy 4 for
( £32.34 ) each and save 7%
Wakaflex Uni Outlet
The Wakaflex Uni Outlet is a lead-free, flexible, adhesive sealing collar for use where flue pipes and soil stacks penetrate the roof, suitable for use with all concrete, clay tiles and slates.
The Wakaflex Uni Outlet is the ideal solution for sealing penetrations in the roof, and is extremely flexible as it is designed to fit a wide range of outlet diameters.
It is also very easy to install and unlike other methods of sealing such as aluminium or lead, if the seal needs to be extended, extra wakaflex can simply be added to accomodate it.
- Base Material: Wakaflex Polyisobuthylene(PIB) with aluminium mesh and butyl-adhesive tape
- Collar Material: EPDM
- Wakaflex Base Dimension: 560mm x 450mm
- Collar sizes: 25mm,50mm,75mm,100mm,110mm,125mm
- MPN: PWFUO560GR
- Universal sealing of flue pipes and soil stack penetrations
- Ease of handling and installation
- Aesthetically pleasing with a high quality finish
- Long life due to polymer surface of Wakaflex and high quality EPDM material
- Suitable for concrete,clay tiles and slates
- Suitable for Pitched Roofs: 18 degrees - 45 degrees
Before fitting the Wakaflex Uni Outlet please note;
- Minimum pitch 18 degrees - Maximum pitch 45 degrees
- Surfaces have to be dust, oil, fat free and dry
- Ensure that the non-supported gap between the tiles and roof outlet is less than 50mm, if greater than 50mm additional support will be needed.
- Water sags and standing water must be avoided.
- Decide in which course the Wakaflex Uni outlet is to be installed cutting the roofing membrane accordingly.
- Cut the tile around where the Uni outlet is to be installed for support, and cut the diameter of the outlet for the size required.
- Place the outlet sleeve over the outlet pipe , peeling back the film exposing the butylon adhesive strips.
- Once the film has been completely removed gently press the butylon strips so it adheres to the tiles.
- At the top of the Uni outlet fold over to create a welt for weather tightness and to prevent the entry of birds and insects.
- Re fix the tiles in place to create a weather tight roof
- Remove the slates around where the pipe is to be installed cutting the membrane as above.
- Trim the slates to make the opening for the pipe
- Cut the size of the diameter of the outlet to the size required ,place the Uni outlet/pipe in position.
- Peel back the film on the back of the Uni outlet exposing the butylon strips.
- Press the Wakaflex Uni outlet onto the slates so the butylon strips adhere, finger pressure is sufficient for this.
- The Wakaflex outlet should now fully adhere to the slates.
- At the top of the Uni outlet fold over to create a welt for weather tightness, additional batten may need to be installed to support the outlet.
- Fix the slates either side of the outlet so the slates overlap the flashing by the correct amount
- Finish fixing the slates around the Wakaflex Uni outlet cutting where necessary to create a weather tight seal.