- Product Description
- Exceptional moisture management properties
- Optimum UV, wind and moisture protection, during and after construction
- Can be left uncovered for up to four months without affecting performance and warranty
- Enhances the airtightness of constructions
- Lightweight, flexible and easy to install
- Retains full performance when exposed to high UV and heat levels
- Guaranteed long-term performance
Tyvek UV Facade Breathable Membrane For Cladding 50mtr x 1.5mtr
DuPont Tyvek UV Facade is specifically designed for long-term UV and moisture protection in open and ventilated rainscreen cladding systems.
Facades with open rainscreen cladding offer new design options, but the insulation and structure still require effective, lifelong protection from the harmful effects of the elements – including moisture, heat and UV radiation.
DuPont Tyvek UV Facade is the next generation in lightweight advanced protective membranes. Its proven track record of exceptional moisture management, high vapour permeability and durability makes it the superior protection solution for rainscreen cladding.
Tyvek UV Facade is water resistant, vapour-permeable and windtight, and designed for long-term performance, coming with a 10-year product warranty from DuPont for joint widths of up to 3cm.
Tyvek UV Facade is a protective membrane for open-jointed cladding systems and carries the CE marking, certifying full conformity with the European Union’s rigorous construction products directive. To obtain the CE marking for open cladding use, the membrane has to resist an artiﬁcial aging by permanent UV radiation of 5000 hours (for a standard wall/roof application it is 336 hours).
- Composition: Composite high density polyethylene and polypropylene
- Mass per unit area: 195g/m2
- Product/functional layer thickness: 600/220µm
- Water vapour transmission (Sd): 0.035mm
- CE marking for facades with open joints: Yes
- BRE certificate: No 155/10
- BBA certificate: 90/2548
- CE Certification
UV Exposure Values:
- Full UV exposure as standard underlay: 6 months
- Full UV exposure for walls with open joints before insulation of facade elements: 4 months