- Product Description
- Distinctive looks which will improve with age
- Cross Cambered
- Easy To Lay
- Traditional Appearance
Sandtoft Alban Handcrafted Clay Plain Roof Tile
Sandtoft Alban Handcrafted Clay Plain Roof Tiles have a lightly sanded texture, irregular form, rustic tones and each tile has subtle irregular cross cambered form which creates the appearance of a traditional, aged roof with character.
Made from Sandtoft's extensive clay reserves which were formed over 10,000 years ago, and sanded by hand using recycled foundry sands.
Plain tiles are small and rectangular in format and have always been 265mm x 165mm (or in fact 10.5 inches x 6.5 inches) in overall size, requiring 60 tiles per square metre.
They perform by overlapping densely up to three tiles deep to achieve a watertight layer. It is this functional requirement that creates their distinctive detailed appearance, adding a sense of detail and texture to the roof. This character is enhanced by the effect of cambers longitudinally and across the width.
- Quantity per pallet: 500
- Supplied in multiples of 10
- Weight as laid: 60 kg per m/2 (roof) / 53 kg per m/2 (vertical)
- Weight per 1000: 1.0 tonnes
- Weight per tile: 1.0 kg
Minimum Roof Pitch
- Minimum roof pitch: 35 degrees (roof) / 75 degrees (vertical)
- Covering capacity at maximum gauge: 60 tiles per m/2 (roof) / 53 tiles per m/2 (vertical)
- Batten Spacing: 100 mm (Roof) / 114 mm (Vertical)
- Size of tile: 265mm x 165 mm
- Headlap : 65mm (Roof) / 38mm (Vertical)
- Material: Clay
Sandtoft roof tiles must be laid and fixed to comply with BS 5534: the British Standard Code of practice for slating and tiling, and BS 8000: Part 6: the British Standard Code of practice for workmanship on building sites.