- Product Description
- Suitable for roof pitches as low as 22.5 degrees (Smooth finish only)
Sandtoft Shire Concrete Pantile Roof Tiles
The Sandtoft Shire Pantile is an interlocking concrete pantile that offers the look & proportions of a classic pantile profile.
Available in a choice of 5 standard and 2 sandfaced finishes, these traditional concrete pantiles are suitable for roof pitches down to 22.5 degrees (Smooth finish only).
Pantiles are renowned for their distinctive 'S' profile that creates ridges and furrows producing one of the most elegant roofscapes available. The pantile shape is predominant in the East side of England and Scotland, and areas of the South West. This geographical architectural footprint is a legacy of several centuries of trading where clay pantiles were first bought back from Holland and Belgium as ballast in trading ships.
- Quantity per pallet: 360
- Supplied in bands of 8
- Weight as laid: 45.9 kg per m/2
- Weight per 1000: 2.8 tonnes
- Weight per tile: 2.8 kg
Minimum Roof Pitch
- Minimum roof pitch: 22.5 degrees smoothfaced / 30 degrees sandfaced
- Covering capacity at maximum gauge: 16.4 tiles per m/2
- Batten Spacing: 305 mm (maximum) / 260 mm (minimum)
- Batten required per m/2: 3.30 linear metres
- Size of tile: 380 mm x 230 mm
- Headlap: 75 mm (minimum) / 120 mm (maximum)
- Material: Concrete
FixingSandtoft roof tiles must be laid and fixed to comply with BS 5534: the British Standard Code of practice for slating and tiling, and BS 8000: Part 6: the British Standard Code of practice for workmanship on building sites.