- Product Description
Klober Permo Extreme RS SK2 Vapour Permeable Roof Membrane 50mtr x 1.5mtr
Permo Extreme RS SK2 is a tear-resistant underlay suitable for use on low roof pitches.
Permo Extreme RS SK2 has double, self-adhesive strips which provide a permanent seal of overlaps and immediate weatherproofing protection against wind, rain and snow.
Klober accessories such as Klober Butylon tape, TR Plus tape & Pasto Sealant are available to enable sealing and lapping of this product at low pitches and / or in challenging applications.
- Double self-adhesive strips permit permanent wind and waterproof sealing of overlaps (shear resistance > 300 N tested)
- High-temperature stability at peaks up to 100°C and highly UV-resistant
- Fleece with capillary stop controls the formation of condensation water.
- Robust PES fleece ensures improved mechanical load capacity, thus facilitating the use on sheathing.
- Minimum roof pitch of 12.5 degrees for profile tiles or 15 degrees for flat tiles
- Can be deemed as a primary barrier as long as covered by UV protected layer eg tiles, slates, etc.
- Permo Extreme RS SK2 is vapour permeable however under BS5250 is classed as a HR underlay so requires ventilation
- Product code: KU0171-11
- Roll size: 50 x 1.5m (75/m2)
- Roll weight: 18kg
- Material: Glueable two-layered underlay with monolithic TPU coating on extremely tear-resistant PES fleece
- Weight: approx. 240g/m2
- Water vapour transmission EN 12572 (sd value): 0.08 m
- Reaction to fire EN 13501-1, EN 11925-2: E
- Water column, EN 20811: > 4,500 mm
- Resistance to water penetration EN 1928: 310N/5 cm - 360N/5 cm
- Resistance to air penetration: < 0.1 m3/m2 h 50 Pa
- Tensile strength longitudinal / transverse EN 12311-1: 45% / 55% Elongation longitudinal / transverse EN 12311-1
- Resistance to tearing (nail shank) longitudinal / transverse EN 12310-1: 215N / 200N
- Resistance to temperature: -40 degrees C /+100 degrees C
- UV-resistance / Natural weathering: 4 months
- Temporary roofing: 8 weeks Driving rain test (TU Berlin): Passed
- Klober recommends that the membrane is laid on a 12mm plyboard/OSB then counter-battened.
- Klober Permo Extreme RS SK2 Butylon Sealing Tape 20mm x 25mtr (available separately) should be laid underneath where the counter battens are due to be fixed to seal around any nail penetrations.
- In accordance with BS5534 the minimum head lap of any membrane needs to be 100mm when laid on a supported roof down to 15 degrees, the 2 adhesive strips will meet, therefore there is no need for any other adhesives.
- Below 15 degrees the head lap would need to be 150mm, therefore, Klober Permo Extreme RS SK2 Butylon Sealing Tape 20mm x 25mtr (available separately) would be required.
Accessories (available separately):
- Klober Butylon Tape (25mm x 25mtr): For sealing nail punctures between the roof batten and Permo Extreme RS SK2 membrane & for sealing laps below 15 degrees,
- Klober TR lap sealing tape (60mm x 25mtr): For sealing vertical laps
- Klober Pasto Sealant (310ml cartridge): For sealing joints against walls eg: abutments.