Cedar Wood Shingle Ridge Blue Label No.1 Grade Western Red 4.5 l/m pack
(£83.94 Incl. VAT)
- Buy 10 for £68.95
(£82.74 ) each and save 1%
Cedar Wood Shingle Ridges Blue Label No.1 Grade Western Red
Blue Label shingles and ridges are 100% heartwood and edge grain so the grade will not allow for knots or sapwood, and can be used on all roof and vertical applications.
These are highly durable Grade 1 Western Red Cedar shingle ridges from Canada, where they have been used as an exterior building material for centuries particuarly for roofing applications.
After being cut from the block of Cedar each ridge is trimmed and graded according to visual features.
Timber offcuts are converted into mulch which is used by gardeners and landscape architects.
Its naturally occuring preservatives make Western Red Cedar resistant to fungal, insect and moisture decay which can be enhanced by extra chemical treatment.
These shingle ridges are manufactured from cedar logs harvested from renewable well managed Canadian forests, which may allow re-harvesting in as few as 50 years.
Western Red Cedar has a fine even grain, low density and light weight making it easy to work. The wood has a characteristic pleasing spicy aroma.
Cedar shingles are used on domestic dwellings and public buildings. They are ideal for chalets, sheds, summerhouses, animal shelters and mobile homes as well as conventional dwellings.
- Pack size: Covers 4.5 linear metres
- 36 pieces per pack
- Stainless Steel Annular Ring Shank Nails: 25mm or 30mm for installing shingles / 40mm for installing ridges / 75mm where a longer nail is required
- Alternatively, Silicone Bronze 31mm x 1.8mm nails can be used for installing the shingles
- 2 nails per piece
- 72 nails required per pack of ridges irrespective of nail size (approximately)
- Overlap: Varies to suit overall length of ridge as laid
Typical Installation Requirements:
- Underlay: 3B Felt/Breather Membrane (available separately)
- Roof Battens: typically 50mm x 25mm, but 38mm x 25mm can be used
- Cedar Shingles installed to the roof battens
- Fixings: Stainless Steel Annular Ring Shank nails for fixing (available separately)