- Product Description
- Easy to fit
- Ideal for chalets, sheds, outhouses and mobile homes as well as conventional dwellings
- Simply nailed onto the roof
- Minimum Pitch: 15 degrees (Can be used down to 8 degrees if an underlay is used beneath this product)
- Each pack contains 21 x 1000mm x 330mm x 2.8mm strips of shingles (Square and Hexagonal are 3 Tab, Scallop are 5 Tab)
- Coverage: 3.0 square metres per pack
- Cost Effective method for a long lasting roof system
About Roofing Supplies Square But Roof Felt Shingles 3 Square Metre Pack Grey / Green Brown / Black / Red
These are high quality black asphalt roofing shingles manufactured in Russia.
These shingles are guaranteed for 10 years by the manufacturer - with a life expectancy of 35 years.
With a classic 3 tab square butt edge, these shingles offer contemporary looks, and a long service life - at a fantastic price!
Can be used on a pitch as low as 15 degrees, however when used in conjunction with a suitable underlay (such as 3B underlay - sold separately), this product can be used down to a very low 8 degree roof pitch.
Asphalt roofing products are manufactured starting with large rolls of felt on to which other components are layered. The felt is passed through a saturator tank where it is impregnated with the hot asphalt. This is then coated with a stabilizer to the top and bottom of the saturated felt sheet. Coloured granules are then dropped onto the top surface, while a talc is spread across the back to prevent the shingles from sticking together when packaged. Cooling rollers then press the granules firmly into the hot asphalt while bringing the temperature of the material down. The material is then accurately cut to size packaged and wrapped for shipment.
When working out your requirements: Usual practice is to allow 10% extra materials for wastage / cuts. Also, do not forget to make an allowance for your ridge and/or hips.
Whilst every effort has been made to depict the colours & finished appearance as accurately as possible, due to the variations in rendering of all computer screens & monitors, the colours represented here should be taken as indicative guides only, and should not be taken as literal renditions of the actual product.
- Minimum Pitch: 15 degrees
- Can be used down to 8 degrees if an underlay is used beneath this product
- 10 year Manufacturers Guarantee with a life expectancy up to 35 years
- Contents: Each pack contains 21 x 1000mm x 330mm x 2.8mm strips of shingles
- Design: Square and Hexagonal are 3 Tab, Scallop are 5 Tab
- Coverage: 3 m/2 per pack
- Pack Weight:: 30Kg
- Fire rating – E (This can be improved, depending on installation method)
- To fix these shingles we recommend the use of 3mm to 3.5mm diameter barbed hotdipped galvanized roofing nails with a minimum 10mm head
- Nails must be long enough to penetrate a minimum of 20mm into the solid wood deck or just through the plywood deck
- Staples are not recommended
- Raised nails can result in shingle distortion and may prevent sealing
- Drive the nails until they are flush with the surface but do not overdrive nails
- Do not nail into the sealing strip as the nails may prevent proper sealing
- Do not drive nails at an angle
Ridges / Hips:
- These are made from the strips of shingles, by cutting the strips into the individual tile shaped "tabs" and then overlaying them over each other along the ridges or hips.
- This simple method reduces wastage as you are able to use your offcuts rather than having to throw them away!
- Alternatively, you can make an allowance for the hips / ridge when estimating your requirements by allowing for 2.4 strips of shingles per linear metre of ridge / hip.