Sandtoft 20/20 Interlocking Clay Roof Tile Right Hand Verge Tile And Half
(£3.50 Incl. VAT)
Sandtoft 20/20 Interlocking Clay Roof Tile Right Hand Verge Tile And Half - Needed as a right hand verge tile on every other course.
Essential when laying 20/20s except when laying 20/20s next to an abutment.
The innovative Sandtoft 20/20 interlocking clay roof tile makes a clay plain tile roof more affordable through an innovative design that will reduce labour and material costs, and cut completion times.
These benefits also translate into a significant reduction of CO2 emitted per roof because CO2 emissions are proportional to the tonnage of clay extracted, processed, dried and fired. The design of the Sandtoft 20/20 means less material is used compared to traditional plain tiles and therefore a corresponding saving in the CO2 emitted per roof is achieved.
In addition choosing the Sandtoft 20/20 interlocking clay roofing tile cuts the number of battens required per m2 of roof area by 60% further reducing the use of materials and lorry movements. When this reduction is combined with Sandtoft's use of 100% green electricity, 20/20 has the capacity to reduce the carbon footprint of a roof by a massive 50%!
The Sandtoft 20/20 is not only cost effective it will also perform down a minimum pitch of 15 degrees.
With the Sandtoft 20/20 it is now possible to complement clay plain tile roofs (which have a minimum pitch of 35 degrees) with a natural roof covering on the low pitch elevations.
The 20/20 is also available in a natural slate colour (Antique Slate) which enables it to complement natural slate roofs.
Manufactured from natural alluvial clay, using the latest ceramic technology, the 20/20 is a high performance interlocking clay tile that has been designed to withstand extreme weather conditions.
Following extensive wind tunnel testing the minimum pitch of the 20/20 is a very low 15 degrees at 100mm headlap. This low pitch performance means that the 20/20 provides the perfect solution for low pitch extension work.
Quality and Standards:
- All products in this range comply with the requirements of BS EN 1304 and are manufactured under quality management system BS EN ISO 9001.
- All products meet the performance requirements of BS 5534.
- All Sandtoft clay tiles are produced to environmental standard ISO 14001 using 100% green electricity and are rated A+ under the Building Research Establishment's Green Guide to Specification.
- Sandtoft's abundant clay reserves are located alongside the production process and are periodically restored as wetland habitats. Two are now registered as sites of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI).
- Quantity per band: 5
Minimum Roof Pitch & Headlap
- Minimum roof pitch: 15 degrees at 100mm headlap / 22.5 degrees at 75mm headlap
- Size of tile 330 mm x 321 mm
- Material: Clay
- All products in this range comply with the requirements of BS EN 1304 and are manufactured under quality management system BS EN ISO 9001
- All products meet the performance requirements of BS 5534
- All Sandtoft clay tiles are produced to environmental standard ISO 14001 using 100% green electricity and are rated A+ under the Building Research Establishment's Green Guide to Specification
- Groundbreaking open gauge design
- More cost effective than traditional plain clay roof tiles
- Saves materials, weight and transport
- Saves 50% CO2 compared with traditional clay plain tiles
- Uses only 20.5 tiles per m/2
- Manufactured from natural alluvial Humber clay to ISO 14001 environmental standards
Sandtoft roof tiles must be laid and fixed to comply with BS 5534: the British Standard Code of practice for slating and tiling, and BS 8000: Part 6: the British Standard Code of practice for workmanship on building sites.
To ensure compliance with these Standards we strongly recommend that either the recommendations given in the Sandtoft Zonal Method User’s Guide and Zonal tables must be followed where available or a calculated fixing specification must be obtained using Sandtoft’s Fixing SPEC service.