- Product Description
- Easily installed kit enables through the wall venting of gas appliances
- 10,000mm/2 of airflow without draught baffle
- 7,000mm/2 effective airflow with baffle
Manthorpe G900 5" (127mm) Core Gas Drill Vent
The Manthorpe G900 5" (127mm) Core Drill Vent is designed for use when ventilating a gas appliance, but can also be used for general through wall ventilation, and to prevent the build up of hazardous carbon monoxide from gas appliances.
The vent can easily be fitted in both refurbishment and new build situations with the use of a 5" (127mm) diameter core drill.
The kit includes a cowl vent for exterior use, a louvre grille for inside, a 350mm length of pipe duct and an optional anti-draught baffle. This baffle reduces the airflow and also the feel of a draught through the vent. The external cowl minimises uncomfortable draughts, reduces noise and light from outside the property and acts as a barrier against wind driven rain whilst providing a free area of 100cm/2. The Louvre fits on the internal wall and, similarly to the cowl, reduces draughts, noise and light penetration, while providing a free area of 100cm/2. Without the use of the anti-draught baffle, the free area of the vent is 100cm/2, enough to supply an appliance with a rated input of 27kW or 92,000 Btu/h (in accordance with BS5440 Pt.2:2000).
With the anti-draught baffle installed, the effective free area of the vent is reduced to 70cm/2 (BRE tested) providing enough ventilation for an appliance with an input rating of 21kW or 71,500 Btu/h.
The vent can easily be fitted in both refurb and new build situations with the use of a 5” (127mm) diameter core drill.
- 1 x cowl vent for exterior use
- 1 x louvre grille for inside
- 1 x 350mm length of pipe duct
- 1 x optional anti-draught baffle to reduce airflow and also the feel of a draught through the vent if required.
- Colours: External Cowl: Brown / Internal Louvre: White
- Weight: 0.650kg
- Material: Polypropylene
- Manufacturing Process: Injection moulded
- Airflow: 10,000 mm/2
- Length: 350mm
- Width: 5" (127mm) diameter
- BS5440 Pt.2:2000
- BRE Certificate
Full fitting instructions are available to download from Manthorpe's website here