Trade Counter & Branch Sales Staff: Full Time
Trade Counter & Branch Sales Staff: Full Time
About Roofing Supplies are the leading family owned, independent roofing and building materials supplier in the South East.
We pride ourselves on our customer service, experienced staff and large stocks, providing a personal, "small company" approach with the professionalism and service that one expects of a large company.
Due to further expansion plans, we have exciting opportunities at all of our depots for experienced Trade Counter / Branch Sales staff to join our teams.
The ideal candidates will be confident & outgoing, with a genuine enthusiasm for customer care and the drive to fit in with our team of high achievers.
This is a great opportunity with plenty of scope to develop as an individual. We promote from within wherever possible, and these roles have great potential for the right people to progress within our organisation.
Duties to include:
• Serving customers on the Trade Counter
• Answering phone calls and emails
• Raising Sales Orders, Purchase Orders & Quotations
• This is a varied role and is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to be a major part of the growth of our business.
• Reporting to the Branch Manager your main role will be to take, process and administrate sales orders using our Sage 200 back office system, and to provide support and information to our customers at all stages of the sales process.
• We are seeking dedicated and passionate individuals with a passion for sales and the construction industry who are results driven, comfortable in a fast-paced environment, highly organised, and able to hit the ground running.
• These roles will be a core part of a small and close-knit team, and is essential to support the continued growth of our business.
• You will be responsible for ensuring that we provide a consistently great customer experience and service, working closely with our Sales, Ecommerce, and Distribution teams to ensure a great customer experience across all channels.
Ideally you will have:
• Previous experience of working for a Construction Materials Supplier such as a Roofing, Builders or Plumbers Merchant, an interest in the kinds of products we sell, and experience in similar role would be a bonus - although training will be given.
• Experience in using Sage 200, or a similar system. Whilst training in Sage operations will be given, previous experience with this platform, or similar, would be a distinct advantage.
• Have a genuine passion for customer service and a very good understanding of the requirements of our customers in order to provide a great service.
• Be self-motivated, enthusiastic, flexible, proactive and versatile with a strong character and excellent interpersonal skills in order to succeed in the position.
• Be comfortable operating computer based sales processing systems for which training will be given.
• Have excellent communication and literacy skills
• Have an exceptional attention to detail, commercial awareness and experience in working in a fast paced environment
• Have an enthusiastic, positive and adaptable approach to problem-solving
• Be confident working both independently and with a team with an interest in working with a diverse customer base.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
• Responding to emails and answering phone calls promptly
• Processing orders and enquiries from first contact through to delivery to site, ensuring liaison with colleagues, suppliers and customers in a professional and friendly fashion
• Tracking sales orders to ensure that they are scheduled and sent out on time
• Resolving any sales related issues with customers
• Constantly informing and updating customers
• Maintain and update customer notes with all transactions and changes
• Carrying out administrative tasks such as data input, processing information, completing paperwork and filing documents
• Follow company procedures and policies at all times
• Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills
• Ensuring that our customers receive the very highest level of service as appropriate to their specific needs, to ensure that our customers become repeat customers.
• 7.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Friday
• 8.00am - 12pm on alternate Saturdays
• On-site parking
• Full-time, Permanent
• Own transport is essential to get to / from work.
• Based at our branches in Dorking, Surrey, RH4; Redhill, Surrey, RH1; East Grinstead, West Sussex, RH19; Esher, Surrey, KT10
• We offer competitive rates of pay, and genuine opportunities for progression within an independent, family owned company that prides itself on its drive and customer service.
• Training for successful candidates to include health and safety, and forklift operators licence.
To find out more about this position, or to apply, please email Jason Rivolta - Managing Director in the strictest confidence.