- Product Description
- Cement Free
- Solvent Free
- As easy to apply as kiln dried sand
- No waste - excess product can be reused
- Ready to use - Just sweep & go!
- No staining
- Tough & Long lasting
- Inhibits Moss, Weeds & Algae Growth
- Water permeable
Cromar Wide Joint Compound For Flag Paving 15kg Grey
Perfect for both commercial & residential applications including driveways, patios & footpaths.
Suitable for both refurbishment & new build projects this product is suitable for use with natural stone including Indian Sandstone, concrete paving slabs, clay terracotta slabs & blocks or any hard landscaping with joints laid on a sharp sand screed.
Suitable for joints between 6mm & 25mm.
This product is an easy to use, self stabilising jointing compound that is ideal for use with most types of decorative paving and patio systems.
A highly cost effective alternative to conventional pointing methods, which gives a neat attractive finish with no cement staining.
Specially formulated using graded silicates and special additives, to create a uniquely durable, flexible and convenient joint filling solution that does not contain cement. Available in buff and grey shades, and is quick and convenient to install: Simply sweep the mix into the joints, soak with water and leave to dry.
Easy to apply - no special skills required
Reliable performance - suitable for virtually all climatic conditions and unaffected by temperature extremes when cured.
Unlike most other jointing compounds, this product does not contain cement and so does not stain.
Do's and Dont's
- Make sure there is a minimum width of 6mm-25mm (wide joints) between joints
- Make sure there is a minimum depth of 25mm on any refurbished hard landscaping.
- Ensure surface is clean and dry before proceeding
- Sweep off exess product from the surface of paving before wetting
- Begin the wetting process at the highest point, allowing the water to flow to other areas
- Only apply if there is no chance of rain.
- Do make sure that the correct type is used for the correct base i.e. for a sharp sand screed, use Flexible Narrow Jointing Filler.
- For wide joints on a rigid full bed base use Wide Joint Filler
- Apply in areas that are prone to water logging or excessive dampness
- Wet the area excessively
- Apply when temperatures are below 5°C
- Use high pressure washers to clean the paving area.
- To do so risks damage to the permeability and integrity of this product - and your paving.
- Attempt to mix with sand or cement.
- Leave any excess on the surface on hard landscaping.
- Ensure any excess has been removed by simply re-wetting & scrubbing the surface with a soft bristle broom and wash off using a hose spray.
- Failure to do so will result in this product setting hard on the surface.
- Don't use Narrow Jointing Filler on a full bed base as the water cannot disperse and would not allow the product to cure.
*** WHEN IT'S GONE, IT'S GONE! ***
- Allow 48 hours to cure
- Drying time is dependant on ambient temperature & weather conditions
Coverage: Slab size
- 300mm x 300mm - 35mm Depth: 6mm - 5.6 m/2 / 25mm - 1.4 m/2
- 300mm x 300mm - 50mm Depth: 6mm - 3.8 m/2 / 25mm - 1.0 m/2
- 300mm x 600mm - 35mm Depth: 6mm - 6.8 m/2 / 25mm - 1.7 m/2
- 300mm x 600mm - 50mm Depth: 6mm - 4.8 m/2 / 25mm - 1.2 m/2
Coverage: Slab size
- 450mm x 450mm - 35mm Depth: 6mm - 7.2 m/2 / 25mm - 1.8 m/2
- 450mm x 450mm - 50mm Depth: 6mm - 5.1 m/2 / 25mm - 1.2 m/2
- 600mm x 600mm - 35mm Depth: 6mm - 17.5 m/2 / 25mm - 4.2 m/2
- 600mm x 600mm - 50mm Depth: 6mm - 12.3 m/2 / 25mm - 3.0 m/2
- Step 1: Pour onto surface.
- Step 2: Brush into the joints with a normal sweeping motion until all joints are filled.Top up joints where necessary. Brush off excess.
- Step 3:Wet thoroughly using a fine hose spray. Any excess product that has adhered to the paving surface should be immediately re-wetted and scrubbed lightly with a sem stiff bristle broom then washed off with a fine hose spray.
Excess product can be reused