TapcoSlate Aledora Roof Slate
( £3.26 Incl. VAT)
TapcoSlate Aledora Roof Slates
TapcoSlate Aledora Roof Slates are perfect for that quality hand-cut slate look If you seek the natural beauty of hand-cut, thick slate roofing, without the weight or lengthy installation time.
TapcoSlate Aledora roofing slate incorporates the finest aesthetics and craftsmanship available in the synthetic slate industry, providing a hand-cut slate appearance for a fraction of the cost and weight.
Like all Tapco Roofing Products, Aledora also delivers Class A Fire Rating, Class 4 Hail Impact Rating, 110-MPH Wind Uplift Rating, and a 40-year Warranty that will protect your top investment for many years to come.
TapcoSlate Aledora tile moulds are an exact replica of quality natural roofing slates. Stone cleavage and unique edges are replicated exactly under intense pressure during the manufacturing process.
ROOF PITCH GAUGE SLATES PER M/2
14 degrees to 22.5 degrees (fully boarded or felt & battens) 6" (152mm) 21
22.6 degrees to 90 degrees (fully boarded or felt & battens) 6.5" (165mm) 20
22.6 degrees to 90 degrees (fully boarded or felt & battens) 7" (178mm) 18
22.6 degrees to 90 degrees (fully boarded or felt & battens) 7.5" (191mm) 17
22.6 degrees to 90 degrees (fully boarded or felt & battens) 8" (203mm) 16
Please note: The TapcoSlate product range is sold as the InSpire Roofing Products line in the USA. Installation techniques differ between the United States & the UK - the attached video should be viewed as a guide only.
- Material: Manufactured from a recyclable blend of limestone and polypropylene
- Size: 18 x 12 / 457mm x 305mm
- Weight: 0.52 kg/slate / 13.6 kg/Bundle of 24
- Width: 0.20 / 5mm
- Minimum Pitch: 14 degrees
- Maximum Pitch: 90 degrees
- 14 degrees to 22.5 degrees: 21 slates/m2
- 22.6 degrees to 90 degrees: 16 - 20 slates/m2 (depending upon the batten gauge used)
- Batten size: 50mm x 25mm
- 14 degrees to 22.5 degrees: 6" / 150mm
- 22.6 degrees to 90 degrees: 6.5" / 165mm; 7" / 178mm; 7.5" / 190mm; 8" / 200mm (gauges over 22.6 degrees are used for aesthetics only)
Cold Weather Installation
- Should be stored in original packaging in a storage facility where the temperature meets or exceeds 7 degrees c
- Use protective coverage over all pallets while being temporarily stored
- Must be conditioned at a temperature no lower than 7 degrees c for 24 h
- Should not be stored on roof decks in such a manner as to over-stress and/or damage the deck and supporting structure
- TapcoSlates can be slippery under certain conditions and job site safety procedures should be enforced.
- 40 years
- Ideal for New Build, Self-build, Renovation, Extensions, Conservatories, and Garden Rooms
- Lightweight as low as 8.35kg per square metre
- Easy to install with pre-marked nailing and exposure guides and spacers
- Easily cut with a fine-toothed saw or sharp utility blade
- No sorting, clipping, or drilling prior to roof loading
- Packaged in bundles of 24 for easy handling
- Ridges and Hips (available separately) are mechanically fixed
- 40-year warranty
- Non-repeating staggered or straight application
- TapcoSlate Aledora is not made from recycled plastics but is manufactured from recyclable virgin limestone and polypropylene.
- Large-headed galvanised 30mm x 2.5mm (1.2” x 0.1”) steel nails (available separately) should be used for fixing TapcoSlate Aledora slates.
- Aluminium or copper nails may also be used, but driving them through the slate may cause bending.
- Use longer 50mm (2”) nails (available separately) for fixing ridges and hips.
- 2 nails required per Aledora slate
- 2 nails required per Ridge / Hip
- Use a fine-toothed handsaw, jigsaw, circular saw, or sharp utility blade to cut the TapcoSlate Aledora slates.
- Use a non breathable membrane (available separately) for applications where the building is used occasionally / short periods - such as a shed or garage etc
- Use a breathable membrane (available separately) for applications where the building is being used regularly / long periods - such as a man cave, stables, home office etc
- On close boarded roofs where non breathable membrane is used as an underlay, the slates can be nailed straight onto the board through the membrane.
- On roofs where breathable membrane is used as an underlay, counter battens will need to be laid, and then the slates nailed onto the batten to allow air movement. Extra ventilation in these applications should be considered: please contact us to discuss your project in more detail.
- On the first course lay a course of TapcoSlate Aledora Starter Tiles, with a course of TapcoSlate Aledora slates above, thereafter lay at the appropriate gauge.
- Slates should be cut at the verges to the required overhang.
Please note: The TapcoSlate product range is sold as the InSpire Roofing Products line in the USA. Installation techniques differ between the United States & the UK - this video should be viewed as a guide only.