- Product Description
- 75 year rust free guarantee
- Distinctive riven texture
Del Carmen First 500mm x 375mm Preholed Spanish Natural Roof Slate
SSQ Del Carmen First roofing slate has a distinctive riven texture; the deep blue-black colour is totally natural and will not fade, even in the strongest sunlight.
SSQ Del Carmen First roofing slate is covered by a 75-year guarantee, plus SSQ now also offers a full Rust Free guarantee for Del Carmen slates to ensure total peace of mind and 100% satisfaction: SSQ is the only company in the industry that provides this.
SSQ Del Carmen slate is mined at the Del Carmen quarry, one of the largest quarries in north-west Spain. The quarry is located in the Cabrera Mountains, an area that contains uninterrupted seams of high-quality slate.
SSQ’s long-term partnership with the Del Carmen quarry has led to the production of exceptionally high-quality roofing slate for over a decade.
In addition to passing SSQ’s own, rigorous quality-control tests, SSQ Del Carmen First roofing slate has been tested in accordance with EN 12326, carries the CE marking and is classified as ‘W1, T1, S1.* It is ideal, with suitable fixing and detailing, for roof pitches as low as 20 degrees.
SSQ Del Carmen roofing slate has been accepted by many of the UK’s heritage agencies for use on restoration projects or within conservation areas.
- Size: 500mm x 375mm
- Thickness: 5mm - 6mm (approx)
- Weight per slate: 3.15kg (approx)
- Preholed: Yes
- Guarantee: 75 year rust free guarantee
- Recommended wastage: Wastage Allowance 5%
Headlap & Coverage:
- Minimum Headlap: 115mm at a 20 degree roof pitch / 95mm at a 25 degree roof pitch / 70mm at a 35 degree roof pitch
- Coverage: 20.8/m2 at 115mm headlap
- Battens required: 50mm x 25mm @ 5 l/mtr/m2
- BS EN12326
- CE marked
- T1, S1, W1
- Water Absorption < 0.3%
- NHBC approved
- French Standard (NR 228)