- Product Description
- Gives greater consistency in use with a computer controlled mix
- Provides excellent workability, slump, adhesion & strength
- Saves times and money giving excellent value and peace of mind
Remix 1:3 Roof Tile Bedding Mortar 20kg Bag Black / Natural
Remix Roof Tile Bedding Mortar is available as both a natural material and also in black, and is specifically designed for bedding clay and concrete roof tiles.
The mix is a kiln dried, pre-blended, factory produced 1:3 cement: / sand mortar complying with the requirements of BS EN 998-2, and is supplied in handy 20kg bags.
Developed specifically for roofers, Remix Roof Tile Bedding Mortar solves the problem of using the wrong mortar mixes for bedding ridges, hips and valleys - it’s specifically premixed for bedding clay and concrete roof tiles.
Tested extensively by the NHBC it performs as well as the best custom-mix mortars.
It was also highly recommended for its workability, slump, adhesion, and strength.
According to the NHBC, over 70% of all roofing claims are caused by dodgy mortar. That makes it one of the most pressing issues in the industry today with millions of pounds going down the drain. And it could affect you!
Roofing contractors can remain liable for some repairs, even on NHBC work. That could be a sticky problem, particularly if you’re the contractor involved. Using site premix or mixed on site mortar can be a big mistake. You might make a small initial saving, but you could also end up shelling out to redo work you’ve already done - it’s not worth it. Dry fix systems can help, but you can’t use them on all jobs.
What is the answer? Remix Roof Tile Bedding Mortar!
- Each 20kg bag of Remix Roof Tile Bedding Mortar will yield approximately 12 litres of fresh mortar when mixed with approximately 2.0 litres of clean water
- The mix is a kiln dried, pre-blended, factory produced 1:3 cement:sand mortar complying with the requirements of BS EN 998-2
- To overcome any potential segregation that has occurred during transit, thoroughly mix the maxi bag contents before use.
- The contents of the bag can be mechanically mixed in a free fall mixer for 3-4 minutes or hand mixed by pouring contents onto a clean, flat surface and slowly adding clean water in increments and mixing continuously until the desired workability is achieved.
- For optimum results approximately 2.0 litres of clean water should be used per bag and mortar should be used within 60 minutes of water addition.
- Refrain from excessive water addition as this will weaken the mix, delay setting times and adversely affect durability.
- There is no need to add further additives or admixtures to the material on site as all required plasticizers/workability aids are already incorporated into the mix.