- Product Description
Mechanical Fixings for Roof Ridge & Hip Tiles - Bag 0f 10 / Bag Of 100
As of 01/02/15, The BS 5534 'Code of Practice for Slating and Tiling' implemented by British Standards was being updated.
As part of this update the new standard states that mortar alone can not be used to fix ridge and hip tiles and that even if mortar is used, then ridge and hip tiles must also be mechanically fixed.
The use of mortar as a sole means of fixing roof ridge and hip tiles is now deemed as insufficient.
Not only should careful consideration be given to the creation of a suitable roof mortar through the correct sand and cement mix, but ridge or hip tiles bedded with this mortar must also be accompanied by a mechanical fix.
When using traditional wet-fix systems, these countersunk screws will fix directly into the mortar, in between each of the roof tiles. These Mechanical Fixings secure the ridges & hips between each of the ridge / hip tiles, making them secure and weatherproof.
These Mechanical Fixings are made up of four parts: 1 x Foam Washer / 1 x Steel Ridge / Hip Clamp / 1 x Rubber Washer / 1 x Countersunk Screw.
Each individual fixing comprises 4 parts:
- 1 x Countersunk pozi stainless steel screw - Screw Length: 100mm / Thread Length: 60mm (approx)
- 1 x Expanded Polyethylene Foam Washer
- 1 x 304 Grade Stainless Steel Ridge / Hip Clamp
- 1 x Neoprene Rubber Washer
- Each individual fixing comprises 4 parts:
- Screw: Countersunk pozi stainless steel screw (Screw Length: 100mm / Thread Length: 60mm (approx)
- Foam Washers: Expanded Polyethylene
- Ridge / Hip Clamps: 304 Grade Stainless Steel
- Rubber Washers: Neoprene.
- Supplied in bags of 10 / Bags of 100 of the following:
- Foam Washers
- Ridge / Hip Clamps
- Rubber Washers
- Countersunk Screws
- Ridges and hip tiles are secured by driving the countersunk screw, along with the washers and clamp between two adjacent ridge / hip tiles
- The Screws are then tightened down so that the clamp presses down on the ridge / hip tile securing it in place, making it weatherproof and maintenance free.