- Product Description
- The door and frame are fully draught sealed
- Seals are supported by multiple perimeter catches
- Sliding door mechanism is operated from a single point
- Innovative hinge detail is hidden when the door is locked
- The design allows for the door to be fully removed in seconds
- All hinge, catch and fixing geometry outside of the door seals
- Hinge pivot positioned to provide largest accessible opening
- Frame screws up into ceiling timbers for simpler installation
- Insulated area on the back of the door is fully maximised
Manthorpe GL250 Drop Down Loft Access Door
Whether for general access to loft storage or as a maintenance hatch for roof space services, the need for access through ceilings is a requirement for most buildings.
However care must be taken that these apertures do not compromise the integrity of the building envelope, which can lead to significant heat loss.
The Manthorpe GL250 loft access door from Manthorpe is designed to offer quick and easy entry into the roof space whilst providing an insulated barrier and draft proofing around the structural opening in the ceiling.
The Manthorpe GL250 drop down loft door is an innovative solution to the need for energy efficient loft space access, offering a cost effective alternative to traditional roof space access.
The unobtrusive design coupled with sleek, contemporary styling makes the door an ideal match for modern decors.
The revolutionary design of the multi-point catch mechanism means that the GL250 door can maintain a more effective draught seal around the entire accessible opening, helping to meet the air leakage requirements of Part L of the Building Regulations and preventing the problem of moist warm air entering.
The Manthorpe GL250 loft access door has been independantly tested by the BRE to BS EN 13141-1:2004, and easily surpasses the requirements for air leakage which are outlined in the current building standards, certification is available.
The door can also be used in conjunction with the Manthorpe GLL256 and GLL257 loft ladders (available to special order: Please enquire for further details) and can be operated by the pole supplied with them.
Click here to visit the Manthorpe GL250 Loft Access Hatch webpage
- Part L Compliant: Yes
- U Value: HIPS
- Insulation Material: Expanded Polystyrene
- 562mm x 726mm