Man Made Jutland Roof Slates 600mm x 300mm / 600mm x 600mm Graphite Grey
(£1.08 Incl. VAT)
Cembrit Man Made Jutland Roof Slates 600mm x 300mm / 600mm x 600mm Graphite Grey
Jutland Man Made Slates are an attractive flat, square edged fibre cement slate that are manufactured to the highest European standards.
They are lightweight, preholed, suitable for all types of projects, easy to handle and install, durable and an economic alternative to natural roofing materials.
With their lightweight, low wastage, design flexibility and ease of installation it is easy to see why they are the choice for all types of new build and refurbishment projects, including houses, flat to pitched roof conversions and challenging commercial projects.
Jutland slates are manufactured using Portland cement together with a non asbestos formulation of superior blended synthetic and cellulose fibres, and are pigmented during production and are fully compressed.
They are finished with a high quality, semi matt acrylic coloured coating to the top face and edges and a tinted, high performance binder to the back face.
- Minimum Headlap: 110mm at 20 degrees / 100mm at 22.5 degrees / 90mm at 35 degrees +
- Weight: 1.5kg per slate /1000 slates = 1.5 tonnes
- Quality assurance: Jutland slates are manufactured in accordance with a quality assurance system to ISO 9001 and to the requirements of BS EN 492: 2004 product specification for fibre cement slates and their fittings
- Batten requirement: 3.5 linear metres/m2
- Batten sizing: Rafter span <450mm: 38mm x 25mm / Rafter span <600mm: 50mm x 25mm
- Batten gauge: 20 degrees = 245mm / 22.5 degrees - 27.5 degrees = 250mm / 30 degrees + = 255mm
- 13.61 slates/m2 at 20 degrees / 13.33 slates/m2 at 22.5 degrees - 27.5 degrees / 13.07 slates/m2 at 30 degrees +
Usage at pitches between 15 degrees - 20 degrees:
- Can be used at pitches between 15 degrees - 20 degrees on projects located in moderate / severe locations subject to certain requirements: FOR FURTHER DETAILS PLEASE SEE THE FIXING SECTION
- Attractive flat, square edged fibre cement slate
- Manufactured to the highest European standards
- Suitable for all types of projects
- An economic alternative to natural roofing materials
- Suitable for all types of new build and refurbishment projects, including houses, flat to pitched roof conversions and challenging commercial projects
- Centre nail each slate with two 2.65mm x 30mm long copper nails and secure the tail of the slate with a copper disc rivet of suitable quality (20 x 0.45mm base with a 20 x 2mm pin) correctly bent down slope through 90 degrees
- Slate and a half and double slate sizes should be drilled to accept three nails and two disc rivets
- At all verges and abutments, alternate slate courses must start with slate and half width to maintain bond
- Slate and a half widths must be used if the half slate is less than 150mm wide
- At valleys and hips where slates need to be cut on the rake, wide slates must be used to maintain an adequate width at the head or tail
- At mitred hips on low pitched roofs wide slates should be used beneath the hip capping.
Usage at low pitches: