- Product Description
- For removing all types of grime, bird fouling, airborne pollution and dust from lead surfaces
- Can be used to restore the appearance of lead of all ages
Lead Sheet Cleaner / Restorer to improve, restore and enhance the appearance of lead sheet 1 litre.
Dirt & grime should be removed using Lead Sheet Cleaner before restoration by the application of either G1 Restorer for use on lead sheet newer than 50 years or G3 Restorer for use on lead sheet older than 50 years.
Please note that Lead Sheet Cleaner will not remove patination oil, bitumen or tar.
- Lead Sheet Cleaner has been designed to remove all types of grime, bird fouling, airborne pollution and dust from lead surfaces, either as part of a general cleanup or as a pretreatment in preparation for surface restoration.
- Lead Sheet G1 Restorer has been designed to remove oxide / carbonate patinas that form on lead work ranging from recently installed leadwork up to lead aged 50 years old.
- Lead Sheet G3 Restorer has been designed for renovating leadwork during the restoration of old buildings.
As it is in gel form it will stay in contact with the surface of the lead long enough to break down the adherent patina found on leadwork of over 50 years of age. It can also be used to to restore an area of leadwork to match an adjacent new lead repair.
- Lead Sheet Cleaner: 5 - 10 square metres (approx) per litre
- Lead Sheet G1 Restorer: 10 square metres (approx) per litre
- Lead Sheet G3 Restorer: 1 square metres (approx) per litre
- Supplied in handy 1 litre bottles
- Before use, test on a small area to be cleaned
- Project surrounding materials and where possible, collect all washings and dispose of them safely
- Remove any previously applied Patination Oil and ensure the surface is clean and dry
- Apply Lead Sheet Cleaner with a cloth or nylon scour, wash down and dry
- If further surface renovation is not required, apply a coat of Patination Oil
- For further renovation employ either Lead Sheet Restorer G1 or G3 as applicable
- Wash down, dry and if further surface renovation is not required, apply a coat of Patination Oil
- Note: Apply G1 with a cloth or nylon scourers or G3 with a stiff paint brush