- Product Description
- Quick & easy to lay
Chesterfelt Roll On Shingle 8 mtr x 1 mtr Red / Green / Grey
The innovative Roll On Shingle from Chesterfelt is a contempary alternative to felt shingles.
Manufactured using a high performance modified bitumen membrane, it is suitable for use as a waterproof layer on a range of buildings, such as sheds, kennels, stables, workshops etc.
The strength of this product lies in the anti-rot polyester core which is formed from continuous filaments, waterproofing is achieved by saturating and coating both surfaces in bitumen covering with coloured slate finish.
When incorporated in a suitably designed and installed multi-layer system, maintained in accordance with BS8217/1994, Chesterfelt Roll-on Shingle may be expected to last in excess of 10 years.
- Roll Size: 8mtr x 1mtr = 8 m/2
- Roll Weight: 19kg
- Weight per m/2: 2.37kg
- Minimum Pitch: 20 degrees
- When incorporated in a suitably designed and installed multi-layer system, maintained in accordance with BS8217/1994, Chesterfelt Roll-on Shingle may be expected to last in excess of 10 years.
- Manufactured according to management systems ISO9001/9002
- Quality assurance: Samples are taken and testing is carried out for verification purposes
- This is required to meet the UK Building Regulations & will need to be assessed for each project
Handling & Storage
- Store vertically on a firm flat surface, and transport stood on end to avoid damage.
Manufacturer's recommended fitting instructions:
- Roof should be covered with OSB3 or similar (available separately), clean, free of cracks, fissures and protuding nails etc
- An underlay layer of 3B Felt (available separately) should be laid first, and nailed onto the OSB3
- The Chesterfelt Roll On Shingle is then laid on top of the 3B Felt, and nailed into place.
- Ridges & Hips can be constructed by using the Chesterfelt Roll On Shingle Ridge Cap Sheet (available separately).
- Laps, verges and eaves can be sealed with Shell Tixophalte Sealant (available separately)