- Product Description
- Provides an excellent highly reflective bright silver coloured finish
- Prevents heat build up
- Effective waterproof and weatherproof protection
Easy Trim Solar Reflective Aluminium Roof Paint 5 Litre
Easy Trim Solar Reflective Aluminium Roof Paint is a solvent based bituminous coating, containing high quality leafing grade aluminium flake.
It provides an excellent highly reflective bright silver coloured finish which when dry prevents heat build up and provides an effective waterproof and weatherproof protective coating, particularly where exposed bitumen, steel and corrugated iron surfaces are encountered.
Application by brush.
Two coats recommended.
Note: Stir thoroughly before and during application
- Colour: Silver when dry
- Flash Point: 40 degrees c
- Solid content: 52%
- Specific gravity: 0.95
- Viscosity: 150 - 250 cps
Cleaning of Tools:
- Tools may be cleaned with white spirit
- Minor spillages should be wiped off surfaces before the product has set
- Major spillages should be mopped up immediately with an inert absorbent material & disposed of in accordance with regs
- Storage life is 24 months in undamaged, tightly sealed containers
- Containers must be kept sealed and stored away from sources of heat and ignition.
- 5 litres covers between 4m2 to 6m2 depending on the porosity and roughness of the substrate / 5 litres covers 10m2 on non-porous surfaces
Method of use
- All surfaces must be clean, dry and free from dust and debris.
- Existing bitumen coatings should be allowed to weather for at least 10 days and preferably for a few weeks before the application of this product.
- Stir thoroughly before use, preferably with a slow speed drill and paddle for several minutes to ensure complete dispersion of the aluminium.
- Apply by brush, roller or spray.
- When first applied, the film will have a slight gold colour, which will quickly turn silver as the leafing effect of the aluminium takes place.
- Two coats should be applied, the second only after the first coat has dried.
- To avoid staining it is important that this product is not applied too thickly.
- Do not brush excessively as this can cause softening of the substrate.
- The presence of moisture on the surface or rain falling before this product has dried can also cause staining.
Cleaning of Tools
- Tools may be cleaned by using white spirit or paraffin.
- Spillages should be wiped off surfaces before the paint has set.
- Storage life is 24 months in tightly sealed, unopened and undamaged containers, away from sources of heat.
- Solvent based and appropriate protective equipment should be worn to avoid skin and eye contact and breathing fumes.