- Product Description
- Also suitable for use as a cold chipping solution.
Easy Trim Roofing Felt Adhesive 5 Litre
Easy-Trim Felt Adhesive is a solvent based, cold applied bituminous adhesive for bonding successive layers of roofing felt, with a quick, strong and lasting bond.
It is formulated for convenience and safety, ensures affinity and a strong final bond to bituminous membranes.
Application by brush or trowel.
- Colour: Black
- Coverage: 2 square metres per litre (approx. 100 sq.ft. per imperial gallon)
- Service Temp: -20 degrees c to +70 degrees c
- Flash Point: 38 degrees c
Cleaning of Tools:
- Tools may be cleaned with white spirit
- Minor spillages should be wiped off surfaces before the product has set
- Major spillages should be mopped up immediately with an inert absorbent material & disposed of in accordance with regs
- Minimum 12 months in undamaged, tightly sealed containers
- Containers must be kept sealed and stored away from sources of heat and ignition.
Method of Use
- By stiff brush, mop or squeegee.
- To avoid thickening in cold weather, store in a warm room overnight prior to use.
- Care needs to be taken over preparation of surfaces before application.
- All surfaces must be free from oil, dirt, dust and loose debris.
- All traces of algae and fungus growth should be removed using a stiff brush and the surface treated with a fungicide to kill any remaining spores thereby discouraging the return of any growths.
- Easy-Trim Roofing Felt Adhesive should be applied to the surface and left for 15 to 30 minutes (depending upon drying conditions) in order to develop its full tackiness.
- The felt should then be placed into the wet adhesive film carefully, rubbing or rolling each section down to ensure maximum contact with the adhesive and to expel and air trapped between the surface and the felt.
- Wherever possible the felt should be unrolled into the felt adhesive and rolled with a light roller (15 to 25kg).
- The overlaps should be at least 75mm on the side and 150mm at the ends.
- To ensure a complete bond at the side and end laps, this product can be applied to the underside of the felt and well compacted.
- When using with a timber structure the first layer of felt must be nailed down in order to comply with BS 8217 :1994. Successive layers of felt may then be bonded.
- When used on concrete surfaces that are porous it will be necessary to first prime the surface with Easy Trim Felt Primer (available separately), ensure that the primer is completely dry before the first layer of felt is applied. 24 hours after laying felt check all bondings to ensure that full adhesion has been obtained.
- Particularly check all laps, if in doubt, press home or re-roll any that appear to be lacking adhesion.