- Product Description
- Application by brush or roller.
Easy Trim Roofing Bitumen Primer 5 Litre
Easy Trim Rooofing Bitumen Primer is a cold applied, solvent based bitumen solution that is used to prime porous surfaces prior to the application of other bitumen products.
Conforms to BS Code of Practice 144, Part 3.
Easy Trim Rooofing Bitumen Primer seals porous substrates and encourages the adhesion of bituminous waterproofing systems and sheet coverings.
Suitable for use on:
- Metals - mild steel, zinc, lead
- Asbestos cement
- Lightweight concrete screeds.
Application by brush or roller.
- Colour: Black
- Coverage varies according to the porosity of the surface: Metal Surfaces: 6 - 11 m2 per litre / Concrete: 3 - 4m2 per litre / Bituminous surfaces: 5 - 8m2 per litre
Cleaning of Tools:
- Tools may be cleaned with white spirit
- Minor spillages should be wiped off surfaces before the product has set
- Indefinitely 12 months in undamaged, tightly sealed containers
- Containers must be kept sealed and stored away from sources of heat and ignition.
Method of Use
- Apply by brush or spray
- Surfaces should be clean, ie. free from all oil, grease, dirt, dust and loose debris.
- On metal surfaces all loose rust should be removed using a wire bristled brush and where advanced signs of corrosion are evident these areas should initially be treated with a rust inhibitor such as red lead.
- Surfaces should preferably be dry although this product will adhere to damp but not wet surfaces.
- This product should be applied evenly across the surface in one generous coating.
Cleaning of Tools
- Tools may be cleaned with paraffin or white spirit.
- Spillages should be wiped off surfaces before the compound has set.
- Indefinite in undamaged, tightly sealed containers.
- Wear recommended basic personal protection equipment
- Allow to dry completely before installation begins.
- Drying time is dependant on ambient temperature, atmospheric conditions and porosity of substrate, but the product can be completely dry between 2-6 hours at 20 degrees c