Cedar Wood Shingles Premium Grade 1 Western Red
(£143.94 Incl. VAT)
- Buy 10 for £118.95
(£142.74 ) each and save 1%
- Buy 20 for £117.95
(£141.54 ) each and save 2%
Cedar Wood Shingles Premium Blue Label No.1 Grade Western Red
These Premium Blue Label shingles are hand selected to ensure that they are the very finest of the Grade 1 Blue label shingles available!
Manufactured from 100% Western Red Canadian cedar heartwood to ensure that they are 99% free of knots or sapwood, and can be used on all roof and vertical applications.
These highly durable, premium grade 1 Western Red Cedar shingles are manufactured in Canada, where they have been used as an exterior building material for centuries particuarly for roofing applications.
After being cut from the block of Cedar, each shingle is trimmed to create square corners and hand graded according to visual features, to ensure that these are the very best available.
Timber offcuts are converted into mulch which is used by gardeners and landscape architects.
Its naturally occuring preservatives make Western Red Cedar shingles resistant to fungal, insect and moisture decay which can be enhanced by extra chemical treatment.
These shingles are manufactured from cedar logs harvested from renewable well managed Canadian forests, which may allow re-harvesting in as few as 50 years.
Western Red Cedar wood has a fine even grain, low density and light weight making it easy to work, and has a characteristic pleasing spicy aroma.
Cedar shingles are used on domestic dwellings and public buildings. They are ideal for chalets, sheds, summerhouses, animal shelters and mobile homes as well as conventional dwellings. These premium shingles are particuarly suitable for applications where only the finest materials are acceptable.
- Length: 405mm (16”) (approx)
- Thickness: (Tapered) 10mm Butt / 2mm Tip (approx)
- Width: (ALL RANDOM) 75mm - 325mm (approximately)
- Grade: 100% Heart wood, no Knots
- Quantity per pack: 75 - 80 shingles in various widths per pack (approximately)
Exposure / Coverage
- Minimum coverage: 2.28m2 per pack (approx) at roof pitch: 22 degrees to 90 degrees / Exposure: 125mm Gauge (approx)
- Minimum coverage: 2.70m per pack (approx) at roof Pitch: 90 degrees / Exposure: 150mm Gauge (approx)
- Stainless Steel Annular Ring Shank Nails: 25mm or 30mm for installing shingles / 40mm for installing ridges / 75mm where a longer nail is required
- Alternatively, Silicone Bronze 31mm x 1.8mm nails can be used for installing the shingles
- Batten Gauge: 100mm
- Batten size: Typically 50mm x 25mm, but 38mm x 25mm can be used
- Batten required: 10 linear metres / m2
- Minimum pitch: 14 Degrees
- Maximum pitch: 90 Degrees (Can be installed on vertical faces)
- 2 nails per shingle
- 150 nails required per pack of shingles irrespective of nail size (approximately)
Typical Installation Requirements:
- Underlay: 3B Felt/Breather Membrane (available separately)
- Roof Battens: typically 50mm x 25mm, but 38mm x 25mm can be used
- Cedar Shingles installed to the roof battens
- Fixings: Stainless Steel Annular Ring Shank nails or Silicone Bronze nails (available separately)