Shell: Tixophalte Waterproof Sealant 310ml Cartridge
- buy over 12 units and receive a £0.50 discount per unit - ppu becomes £7.00
- buy over 24 units and receive a £0.75 discount per unit - ppu becomes £6.75
- buy over 48 units and receive a £1.00 discount per unit - ppu becomes £6.50
Tixophalte is a professional bituminous adhesive and sealant with permanent flexibility giving superior adhesion
SPECIAL OFFER: Buy 12 or more tubes and get a special price of only £7.00 + VAT per tube / Buy 24 or more tubes and get a special price of only £6.75 + VAT / Buy 48 or more tubes and get a special price of only £6.50 + VAT and receive FREE DELIVERY!!
(Terms & Conditions apply: Please see our Delivery page)
Shell Tixophalte is a ready-to-use bituminous compound that can be applied cold as a filler, joint sealer or adhesive for a wide variety of jobs, from large scale industrial to domestic. Its waterproofing properties mean it can be applied underwater.
Shell Tixophalte has been used by construction industry professionals, tradesmen, builders and DIY enthusiasts for over 20 years. Formulated from carefully selected components based on rubber-modified bitumen, it is easy to apply and is designed to offer long-lasting protection and waterproofing. It is also formulated for high resistance to movement, weathering, chemicals and other environmental factors.
- Cold applicable, ready for use.
- Adheres and seals under many different conditions.
- Sticks to wet substrate (even under water).
- Sticks to most plastics, e.g. polythylene.
- Sealing leaks and making repairs, even on wet surfaces.
- Adhesives for all types of roofing felts; including APP- and SBS- modified membranes.
- Waterproof finishing of overlaps, connections and joints of roof edges, chimneys, light domes and bushings for exhaust pipes.
- Fixing rain water drain systems onto the roof.
- Connection of damp courses and other waterproofing wall details (e.g. inner-walls)
- Fixing overlaps of roofing felt at rising outer walls.
- Temporary remedial or repair of plumbing.
- All possible situations where adhesion, sealing, joint filling of common building materials is required.
- It is thixotropic, which means it can be applied to steep and even vertical slopes without run-off!
- Ready-to-use and easy to apply
- Excellent direct adhesion, sticks directly to most wet surfaces and most building materials including concrete, metals, glass and most plastics
- Can be applied under water
- Ideal for damp and wet conditions during application and over its life-time protection against rust, damp and corrosion
- Meets the ISO11600 standard which defines the physical properties of building sealants including anticipated movement
- Long shelf life in aluminium cartridges (at least three years)
Whatever the scale of a project, be it sealing entire large scale building projects or simply repairing your home or roof, it is ideal for:
- Sealing leaks and making repairs, even on wet surfaces
- Adhering all types of roofing felts
- Waterproofing overlaps, connections and joints of roof edges, chimneys, light domes and bushings for exhaust pipes
- Fixing rainwater drain systems to the roof
- Connecting damp courses and other waterproofing wall details
Shell Tixophalte has advanced wet-weather and underwater properties making it ideal for waterproofing cracks and joints in wet and underwater conditions, such as:
- Water storage reservoirs
- Hydraulic power stations.
It is recommended to have surfaces clean, dry, free of dust, grease and unbound particles.
Prior to application adhesion tests are recommended.
In most cases no primer is required. If a primer or a pre-treatment is recommended, the best results will be obtained with a bituminous primer. A bituminous primer is particularly recommended for porous substrates.
In case of any doubt please ask for advice from Shell.
Shell Tixophalte can be applied by hand with a conventianal mastic gun or a compressed air-gun. Using the cartridge, the aluminium seal in the front screw hole has to be completely opened. The screw spout has to be cut slantwise so that it has the size of the desired band of Shell Tixophalte. A clean spout is important for a uniform dose and a smooth finish. In order to obtain adequate adhesion on a wet substrate, it is important that the distance between substrate and spout is as small as possible and not more than 3mm, so that the initial adhesion is obtained by displacing the water.
When compressed-air guns are used, the piston and the cylinder have to be greased properly. Shell Tixophalte must be applied in strips or spots, so that the solvent is able to evaporate easily. Ensure that there is adequate ventilation during use.
The curing rate is influenced by factors such as temperature, type of substrate, absorbency behaviour of the materials and the applied layer-thickness of Shell Tixophalte. Immediately after applying Shell Tixophalte, the adhesion is sufficient to resist a low load.
Maximum strength is obtained after curing by evaporation of the solvent. The final adhesive strength is strongly dependent on the type and nature of the bond.
When bonding insulation material or roofing felt with for instance 5 strips each 4cm wide, the consumption is a minimum of 400 g/m2 (depending on the substrate). This can be increased at the corners and edges of the roof.
- Shell Tixophalte can be mechanically removed (e.g. with a palette knife).
- Finally the residue of Shell Tixophalte can be cleaned by dissolving in an hydrocarbon solvent (white-spirit).
- Shell Tixophalte can be used for bonding plastics without plasticisers. With light coloured plastics use of Shell Tixophalte may cause staining.
- Contact with mineral oil, (gasoline, kerosine, gas oil) softens the product.
- Compatibility with extruded polystyrene can vary. In this case, Shell Tixophalte is best applied on the substrate. After a while the boards can be adhered. Avoid making the Shell Tixophalte layers too thick.
- Shell Tixophalte does not tolerate solvent based paint.
- Applications where Tixophalte comes into contact with oil products are not recommended. These components can dissolve the bitumen.
- Offer of the week!
Dorkinian's Under 12s Football Club
Trade Show & Demonstration Day: 5th September 2013
Cure It GRP Roofing
Our Latest Products
Click on the +1 button above to recommend our site to others!