Tixophalte is a ready to use professional bituminous adhesive and sealant with permanent flexibility giving superior adhesion.
It that can be applied cold as a filler, joint sealer or adhesive for a wide variety of jobs, from large scale industrial to domestic.
Its waterproofing properties mean it can even be applied underwater!
Shell Tixophalte has been used by construction industry professionals, tradesmen, builders and DIY enthusiasts for over 20 years.
Formulated from carefully selected components based on rubbermodified bitumen, it is easy to apply and is designed to offer longlasting protection and waterproofing. It is also formulated for high resistance to movement, weathering, chemicals and other environmental factors.
- Sealing leaks and making repairs, even on wet surfaces
- Adhesives for all types of roofing felts; including APP and SBS modified membranes
- Waterproof finishing of overlaps, connections and joints of roof edges, chimneys, light domes and bushings for exhaust pipes
- Fixing rain water drain systems onto the roof; Connection of damp courses and other waterproofing wall details (e.g. innerwalls)
- Fixing overlaps of roofing felt at rising outer walls
- Temporary remedial or repair of plumbing
- All possible situations where adhesion, sealing, joint filling of common building materials is required
It is thixotropic, which means it can be applied to steep and even vertical slopes without runoff!
Whatever the scale of a project, be it sealing entire large scale building projects or simply repairing your home or roof, it is ideal for sealing leaks and making repairs, even on wet surfaces, adhering all types of roofing felts, waterproofing overlaps, connections and joints of roof edges, chimneys, light domes and bushings for exhaust pipes, fixing rainwater drain systems to the roof and connecting damp courses and other waterproofing wall details.
Shell Tixophalte has advanced wetweather and underwater properties making it ideal for waterproofing cracks and joints in wet and underwater conditions, such as waterways; canals; dams; bridges; water storage reservoirs and hydraulic power stations.
|ountry of Manufacture||United Kingdom|
|Brand / Range||Shell|